Accounting is essential to small business. Whether you are a freelancer, a musician or you run a retail operation, you need be on top of your financial situation at all times.
Once accounting procedures were a mystery to many small business owners, and maintaining an audit trail – even if you knew what that meant – required serious expenditure. The choice was to invest in a bookkeeper or take lessons in learning to use expensive software. Fortunately, today there are several options that require no cash outlay, i.e., free accounting software that is easy to use.
Manager Desktop Edition is as simple to use as stuffing your receipts in a drawer – but far less stressful at tax time, and requires no financial investment.
Review all your sales and expenditures, know how you stand in terms of the bank, and assess what bills need to be paid and who owes you how much, simply opening the file for your business in Manager, and scrolling down through the various module summaries.
Manager Desktop Edition is the free accounting software version of the Cloud and Server editions of the program. It is especially designed to bring the same easy-to-use functions to the small business user as the multi-user versions provide to larger operations. Manager includes all the basic accounting modules and tax functions you need and is so intuitive that you can just launch it and be up and running in no time. No studying required! If that sounds scary, no worries – there are online Guides to help you on your way to setting up the business information and chart of accounts, the cashbook, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and payroll.
The basic modules designed for all users are:
- Cashbook – record each transaction whether cash on hand or deposited in the bank.
- Invoices – record everything you bill to your customers.
- Bills – input the invoices you receive from your suppliers.
- Contact Directory – details on all the people and organizations your deal with.
- Chart of Accounts – access to all the accounts you set up.
- Journal Entries – (accounting function) opening balances and adjustments.
- Reports – access to your financial statements, general ledger and aged payables and receivables.
Optionally, you can set up payroll and quotes, and you are able to customize tax functions for your region.
In addition to providing all you need in an accounting package, Manager Desktop Edition is constantly updated to ensure that accounting for your business – or even your personal financial records – is available:
- Forever Free – use for as long and as often as your accounting procedures require – no limits, no ads.
- Offline – install on your Windows system, no need to rely on an internet connection.
- Universally – designed to adapt to any country, in any language, currency of tax system.
- Cross-platform – your files can be transferred to Mac and Linux systems if need be.
Manager Desktop Edition free accounting software is an easy to use, intuitive desktop program that users find comprehensive and flexible in both setting up and for ongoing use.